Our passion is to work together as a team to help our clients grow, discover their strengths, and heal themselves from within.
We are looking for passionate, competent, and committed clinicians (provisional registered/registered psychologist/clinical psychologists) to join our team. We will provide you with flexible working hours, and supportive team environment.
About Your Hart2Hart
Your Hart2Hart is a B Corp that was developed to offer an improved model of care based on choice, respect and innovation. Your Hart2Hart provides flexible, supportive and individualised service through a team of qualified, dedicated and caring professionals. We share a goal to improve the lives of those who choose our services. We strive to be recognised as industry leaders.
Your Hart2Hart has proudly developed B Corps model of care in response to consumer driven care and supports; the Caring Business. Our consumers, our customers, are at the heart of everything we do. We are proudly and consistently innovative, caring and responsive. We are the changed service delivery the community was promised.
|Respect||Respectful communication is at the heart of all that we do.|
|Trust||Integrity and sincerity is the foundation of our services, we are genuine and truthful.|
|Innovation||We listen, we learn, we adapt, we innovate.|
|Independence||We help you to live independently and put the choice back in your hands. You choose we support you.|
|Participation||We encourage your active participation in choosing and using services as well as in accessing the broader community to meet your goals and needs.|
|Partnership||We strive to improve the lives of all our customers and we do this through partnership with you as well as services and events that work to improve our community.|
You will provide psychological services to participants and families through assessment, diagnosis, and provision of support services and assistance in the development and evaluation of support and intervention programs.
Reporting to the Director, Client Service Delivery your accountabilities will include:
- providing primary and secondary counselling, evaluation, professional opinion, and recommendations across modalities in accordance with guidelines and principles for participants who have special needs, are referred because of, or are at risk of developing, complex and challenging behaviours.
- contributing to quality assurance processes through the evaluation of service delivery to enhance the client experience and achieve sustainable and viable services that facilitate the social, educational, and economic inclusion of participants and their families.
- Other duties as directed
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for supervision.
- Client Focus- Builds and maintains internal and external client satisfaction with the client service experience offered by the company.
- Compliance – Complies with applicable legislation, Your Hart2Hart policies, procedures, workflows and instructions.
- Ethics and Integrity – Earns the trust, respect, and confidence of clients, colleagues and sector stakeholders through consistent honesty, forthrightness and professionalism in all interactions. Demonstrates and upholds the Your Hart2Hart values.
- Relationship Management – Builds constructive working relationships characterised by a high level of trust, acceptance, cooperation and mutual regard.
- Safety – Understands and follows applicable legislation, regulations, and other standards to establish and/or maintain a safe work environment.
- Team Building – Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishments. Encourages and facilitates cooperation across the organisation and customer groups; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, trust. Develops leadership in others through coaching, mentoring, rewarding, and guiding employees.
Qualifications & Professional Association
- a relevant tertiary degree, with full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligible for provisional registration.
- lived experience within the disability and/or community services sector highly advantageous
- an ability to establish rapport, build and maintain trusted relationships with clients
- Previous experience within Aged Care, NDIS or healthcare client supports desirable.
- Lived experience within the aged, disability and / or community services sector highly advantageous.
- Experience leading and developing a high-performing multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Client Management systems such as Cliniko or Halaxy would be advantageous.
Position Specific Requirements
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa to be eligible to apply.
- Drivers Licence.
- Appointments will be subject to satisfactory National Police, Working With Children’s and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme checks.
- The successful candidate will be employed pursuant to the relevant modern award and Your Hart2Hart employment policies.
Health and Safety Requirements
Your Hart2Hart safety vision is to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses, unsafe work practices, and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of our team and clients. To achieve this vision, we will maintain a just and fair positive safety culture, effective safety management systems and eliminate and reduce risk in the workplace to ensure that everyone always returns home safe. Occupational health and safety is both an individual and a shared responsibility. You are responsible for:
- taking care of your health, safety and welfare and of those around you who may be affected by your work practices;
- acquiring and maintaining up to date knowledge of the health, safety and wellbeing risks relevant to your position;
- ensuring all work is performed safely, complying with all relevant statutory obligations and Your Hart2Hart’s occupational health and safety policy and procedures;
- reporting immediately any potential or actual hazards, incidents, accidents and situations which are or are likely to have adverse effects on the health, safety and welfare of clients, team members and the community;
- participating in health and safety training and other initiatives including workplace auditing, hazard identification, risk assessments and subsequent investigations to prevent any recurrences; and
- constructively contributing and cooperating with arrangements to improve health, safety and wellbeing procedures, processes and work instructions introduced from time to time.