Support Workers are primarily responsible for the provision of broad personal care and support services and the delivery of skills and activities programmes which focus on individual needs and aim to maximise social inclusion, independence, choice and decision making of vulnerable people with a disability.
About Your Hart2Hart
Your Hart2Hart began as a boutique business that was developed to offer an alternative model of care based on choice, respect and innovation. Your Hart2Hart provides flexible, supportive and individualised service through a team of qualified, dedicated and caring professionals. We share a goal to improve the lives of those who choose our services. We strive to be recognised as industry leaders.
Your Hart2Hart has proudly developed a new model of care in response to consumer driven care and supports; the Caring Business. Our consumers, our customers, are at the heart of everything we do. We are proudly and consistently innovative, caring and responsive. We are the changed service delivery the community was promised.
|Respect||Respectful communication is at the heart of all that we do.|
|Trust||Integrity and sincerity is the foundation of our services, we are genuine and truthful.|
|Innovation||We listen, we learn, we adapt, we innovate.|
|Independence||We help you to live independently and put the choice back in your hands. You choose we support you.|
|Participation||We encourage your active participation in choosing and using services as well as in accessing the broader community to meet your goals and needs.|
|Partnership||We strive to improve the lives of all our customers and we do this through partnership with you as well as services and events that work to improve our community.|
- Participate in the development and implementation of specific hazard and risk management strategies, cooperating with any directions and procedures, reporting all injuries, illness, near misses and hazards and completing health and wellbeing training initiatives.
- Establish rapport and build trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders by showing empathy, appreciating perspective and respecting differences. Respond professionally to client concerns and maintain positive client engagements and interactions.
- Consult with clients and stakeholders in the preparation, development and review of individual support plans to ensure they represent the client’s goals, needs and preferences. Plan and manage associated activities and be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances.
- Deliver client centred support services with care and compassion enabling clients to exercise informed choice and control. Promote, uphold and respect their legal and human rights.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate client records which may include sensitive details such as support needs, medication and service history in company business management systems and prepare reports as may be required to ensure continuity of support between providers and workers to inform future service delivery.
- Communicate effectively, share information and work cooperatively with team members to contribute to the achievement of individual, team and organisational goals and a quality client service experience.
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for supervision.
- Client Focus- Builds and maintains internal and external customer satisfaction with the customer service experience offered by the organisation.
- Compliance – Complies with applicable legislation, Your Hart2Hart policies, procedures, workflows and instructions.
- Ethics and Integrity – Earns the trust, respect, and confidence of clients, colleagues and sector stakeholders through consistent honesty, forthrightness and professionalism in all interactions. Demonstrates and upholds the Your Hart2Hart values.
- Relationship Management – Builds constructive working relationships characterised by a high level of trust, acceptance, cooperation and mutual regard.
- Resilience – Deals effectively with pressure; maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Effectively balances personal life and work.
- Safety – Understands and follows applicable legislation, regulations, and other standards to establish and/or maintain a safe work environment.
- Self-Management – Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; monitors progress and is motivated to achieve; manages own time and deals with stress effectively.
Qualifications & Professional Association
- Certificate III Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent.
- Membership of the Australian Community Workers Association desirable.
- Experience working within NDIS services framework across a range client supports desirable.
- Lived experience within the disability sector highly advantageous.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Client Management systems such as Cliniko or Halaxy would be advantageous.
Position Specific Requirements
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa to be eligible to apply.
- Drivers Licence.
- Appointments will be subject to satisfactory National Police, Working With Children’s and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme checks.
- The successful candidate will be employed pursuant to the relevant modern award and Your Hart2Hart’s employment policies.
Health and Safety Requirements
Your Hart2Hart’s safety vision is to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses, unsafe work practices, and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of our team and clients. To achieve this vision, we will maintain a just and fair positive safety culture, effective safety management systems and eliminate and reduce risk in the workplace to ensure that everyone always returns home safe. Occupational health and safety is both an individual and a shared responsibility. You are responsible for:
- taking care of your health, safety and welfare and of those around you who may be affected by your work practices;
- acquiring and maintaining up to date knowledge of the health, safety and wellbeing risks relevant to your position;
- ensuring all work is performed safely, complying with all relevant statutory obligations and Your Hart2Hart’s occupational health and safety policy and procedures;
- reporting immediately any potential or actual hazards, incidents, accidents and situations which are or are likely to have adverse effects on the health, safety and welfare of clients, team members and the community;
- participating in health and safety training and other initiatives including workplace auditing, hazard identification, risk assessments and subsequent investigations to prevent any recurrences; and
- constructively contributing and cooperating with arrangements to improve health, safety and wellbeing procedures, processes and work instructions introduced from time to time.